Product Code: MN1256
From builder Oliver Apitius,
Inspired by the traditional jazz archtop guitars of the past, Apitius J-series mandolins are designed with the needs and desires of the jazz mandolinist in mind. With 10% more air volume and a larger soundboard surface than my F-models, these mandolins have a slightly darker, mellower voice ideally suited to and voiced for Jazz.
The "Club Jazz" takes its ques from the legendary archtop jazz guitars of the 30's and 40's and delivers a big, open sound with lush chords, warm tones and plenty of sustain.
- Top of European Spruce, naturally aged for 28 years
- Back of Red Maple, naturally aged for 7 years
- Sides and neck of highly figured maple
- "Top bound" body with "side bound" neck and peghead
- Angle cut and tapered peghead
- Hand-sawn and hand-engraved, Apitius pearl shell flowerpot inlay on headstock
- Peghead veneer of dyed pearwood front and back
- Fingerboard of genuine ebony with a conical (compound) radius of 7 1/4” to 12"
- EVO Gold™ fret wire (medium .080” width)
- Paua abalone position markers with tortoise color side dots
- Polished bone string nut
- Schaller GrandTune™ tuning machines with 18:1 gear ratio
- Customised James™ tailpiece
- Width at nut: 29mm (1 5/32”)
- Scale length: 355mm (14")
- Adjustable truss rod
- Hand applied (not sprayed) sunburst stain for a “vintage” vibe.
- Spirit varnish finish applied by hand in the traditional French polish method
- Hot hide glue construction throughout
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Up-graded with a Custom fitted Hoffee™ case (white ext./green/int. Apitius logo)
All products have a 48 hour approval period. You must notify us immediately after the 48 hour has expired and the item must be returned to Carter Vintage Guitars within 7 days after notifying the store. Carter Vintage Guitars is not responsible for any return shipping costs. Items returned outside of the approval period window will be subject to a restocking fee (up to 15%). Items must be returned in the same condition as they left the store. New items must be returned with any and all factory packaging that was included with the product.
Refunds will be applied via the same method of payment used at the time of purchase. Returns can take 5 to 10 business to show back up onto your bank statement.
Please contact us with any and all questions before making a purchase. We do not want you to have to return anything and are happy to provide as many details as possible for any and all products we carry in our store.
Carter Vintage Guitars can ship almost anywhere! Most orders in the Continental United States ship via USPS or UPS. Instruments ship via UPS or FedEx. Our expert shippings have years of experience packing and shipping guitars all over the world you can rest assured that your package will arrive quickly with the contents in perfect condition. Customers must pay the full shipping amount, we always try to give customers the best shipping rate possible but packages ship via dimensional weight.
All instruments ship fully insured for the full purchase amount.